Matthew 22:37-39 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
We believe that this is one of the most important things we can do as a church, but we also know that it isn’t always easy. Maybe you have a hard neighbor to love, maybe your schedule is crazy busy, maybe you are an introvert. Whatever the reason is, we want to make it easy for you. To do that here is a list of a few easy things that you can do to simply love your neighbor well:
- Ding Dong Dash “Spread the love”
- Leave a small gift like a flower, gift card, handwritten notes, pictures drawn by your kids. And then have a little note to encourage them to do the same to a few neighbors.
- Balloon drop
- Drop balloons on people’s steps that have an encouraging message on it. Try to get everyone on your street the same day.
- Driveway movie night
- Host a movie night in your driveway and invite your neighbors.
- Driveway game night
- Host a game night for your neighbors in on your driveway.
- Driveway Craft Day
- invite some families over for a day of crafts outside.
- Free Toy Box
- Place a box on your front lawn with free toys that your kids no longer want.
We would love to see what you are doing. Take a picture and post it on social media and use #WeAreFrontRange so we can see! We are also always looking for more ideas, if you have some please take a moment and let us know here.