Each week we send home a half sheet card called a Parent CUE with your preschool or elementary age child. The Parent CUE is a simple way for you to continue the conversation of what your child learned that week in their environment. These cards communicate four things to parents:
- the month’s life app (or the week’s faith skill)
- the month’s memory verse
- the week’s Bible story
- a specific question(s) for parents to ask their child and talk about.
Parent CUE App
The Parent CUE app provides simple CUES throughout the week that remind you to pause and make the most of everyday moments.
- Offers CUES for families with preschoolers and elementary-age kids
- Parent Time section has videos, podcasts, and articles just for parents
- Videos, activities, and discussion questions link to the curriculum that we use
- Content updates weekly
Parent CUE Blog
This is a blog. A cue. A prompt. It’s not an encyclopedia on everything you need to know. It’s not an exhaustive training course to make sure your kids “turn out”. It’s not a counseling hotline you can call when you have a help-I-can’t-believe-my-child-just . . .- crisis. This blog is a cue. It’s a prompt. Because really, we know you’re already incredibly busy doing all the things you should do to invest in your kids and to help them on their way to adulthood—and hopefully out of your house. But just because you are really busy doing great things doesn’t mean it’s easy to stay focused on what’s important. That’s where we come in. We want to make it easy for you to remember what’s important.
The Parent Cue Blog is available at www.theparentcue.org
Parenting Beyond Your Capacity
Engage your family in a bigger story, a story that involves more than just your family – one that involves other influences who are on a journey to discover why a relationship with God really matters. We want to encourage you to establish a lifestyle as a parent in which you…
– Invite others to invest in your children so your sons and daughters have other voices that will help shape and determine the direction of their lives. – Create a culture of unconditional love to fuel the emotional and moral health of your children. – Tap into the power of quality moments together, building a sense of purpose through everyday experiences. This isn’t a self-help book. It’s a get-help book. It’s about how you can increase your parenting capacity by connecting with available resources, some of which you know about and some you might not. You can order a copy of this book on Amazon or on the Orange Website